Pancakes make a wonderful weekend breakfast. These pancakes are packed with nutrition and taste great, too! I worked on this recipe for months, getting it just right. The combination of wheat flour and cornmeal is the secret!
¾ cup unbleached flour
¼ cup cornmeal
½ tablespoon ground flax seed
2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup soymilk
1 tablespoon expeller-pressed canola oil
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, flax seed, baking powder and sea salt.
2. Add soymilk, canola oil and maple syrup. Mix until just combined.
3. Lightly spray a large skillet with cooking oil and warm over medium-high heat.
4. Measure about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot skillet. Flip pancake when bubbles appear and burst on the upper surface, about 2 minutes. Cook for another 2 minutes or until set.
5. Serve immediately with warm maple syrup and butter.