On special mornings, don't you long for a celebratory breakfast? Try this wonderful Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake. It is full of whole grains, unprocessed sugars and juicy blueberries.
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
¾ cup unbleached white flour
2 ¼ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup expeller-pressed canola oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
¾ cup vanilla soymilk
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
¼ cup milled cane sugar
¼ cup rolled oats
¼ cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
2. Begin by preparing streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oats, pecans, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in oil and mix until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
3. Next prepare the cake batter. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder and sea salt. Remove 1 tablespoon of flour mixture, sprinkle over blueberries and toss to coat.
4. Add oil, maple syrup, soymilk and vanilla to flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Turn in coated blueberries.
4. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Top evenly with streusel.
5. Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until probe inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling.
7. Serve warm. Cover any leftovers.