Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Sticking with our pumpkin theme, I whipped up a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie that you'll want to try. It makes great use of leftover pumpkin -- or a good reason to open a new can! You might even want to make this nutritious beverage on Thanksgiving morning for a light breakfast that will hint at the pumpkin pie to be served after the holiday dinner.

To make this smoothie thick and frosty, you'll want to plan ahead. Freeze 1/2 cup pumpkin puree at least eight hours or overnight before you want to whip up this delicious drink. It works best to freeze the pumpkin in an ice cube tray, making about six cubes.

1/2 cup pumpkin puree, frozen in ice cube tray
2 cups Silk Pumpkin Spice soymilk or vanilla soymilk
1 tablespoon milled cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of ground clove

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Puree until completely smooth.

Makes two small smoothies -- or one big one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound great!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm! I wish I had some leftover pumpkin lying around.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't too sure about this when I read the title but once I read the ingredients, it actually sounds quite good. I am going to be making a pumpkin pie in the next week so I might keep a little extra to try this.

Natalie said...

I'm having a get together soon and these might go over well. I wonder how they would be spiked with a little gin.

** Wink **